Thursday, November 3, 2011

How can I keep from singing?


It was Monday morning, life as usual, only the events of the previous four days still had me in a daze, and I struggled to live life in the present... While backing out of a friend's driveway, the terrifying sound of crumpling metal woke me in a hurry, as I realized in horror that I had backed into a cement pillar, cracking it in two and bashing up my car in the process.

By the time we got home, I was tired. Tired enough to cry. Instead, I sat down on a bench outside the front door and let the girls enjoy the pleasant air. I don't know whose idea it was, but suddenly Evangeline was standing on top of a trunk opposite me, belting out lyrics which Audrey eagerly fed her from "off-stage." Suddenly our entryway had become Broadway, and I was being treated to a private showing of Annie - only the title star was roughly two-and-a-half, instead of six-and-a-quarter, and the lyrics to the song, "The Sun Will come out Tomorrow," sounded a little more like - "I'm ne-ver a-lone! I'm ne-ver a-lone!" (I have no idea where they came from, or what they mean, nor did I care - the girl was putting her whole heart and soul into the number, and it showed.)

6 comments:

Lindsay said...

If you had to back into any pillar I'm glad it was mine, friend! :)

Kathy said...

This is glorious. The only thing missing was the audio file to accompany it! Last pic was definitely my favorite.

cbaker said...

Those pics are the best!

Mom said...

She is hysterical! Love it! I can't wait to get my hands on her and Audrey. Ditto for POP! Great photos!

Mrs Bic said...

absolutely adorable! It was great to see you at the zoo :).

Unknown said...

When I saw this I laughed out loud with happiness. I miss her!